Valentine’s Day is such a great time to do a Boudoir Photo Shoot for your Honey! You can turn the photos into a Coffee Table Book or even a Calendar! What a fun and sexy way to say “I Love You” in a language the man in your life will understand! LOL!
I have had so much fun doing makeup for Boudoir shoots! It’s a woman’s chance to be her very own Victoria’s Secret Model and I love creating the perfect Makeup Look for the occasion
I worked with Photographer Mariann Szucs of Blue Daisy Boudoir on these two sessions. The girls looked amazing and I hope their husbands love their Valentine’s day gifts (We all know they will)!
1) When doing Makeup for Boudoir Photos, make sure to choose a skin tone correct shade of Foundation. The skin is so important for a Flawless look so be sure to choose a color that is not lighter or darker than your skin.
2) Concealer is a must! Try using two shades… something pink or peach first to cut dark under eye circles followed by a skin tone shade to brighten
3) Use Bronzer to give skin a Golden Hue. Brush Bronzer on “High Points” which means the areas where you tend to tan fist ( Forehead, nose, cheekbones and chin).
4) I always like a pop of color on the apples of the cheek because makeup appears so much softer in photos.
5) Sultry Eyes are necessary for every Boudoir Shoot! Use a light shadow on your entire lid, a medium tone from the crease to your lash line and a darker tone in the crease. Add a deep liner to the top lash line and a smokey line on the bottom. Add Mascara and to finish it off apply False Lashes!
6) Last, choose a lip color that you feel good in. I suggest using a gloss so you don’t have to worry about reapplying as often.